Friday, June 24, 2011

Family fun in NYC

We were so excited that Brian and Angela came and met up with us in NYC. First thing was first: The MET!
I swear James and Brian's favorite part about the art museum was downing the 3 (yes 3!!!) New York Style hot dogs just outside of the MET. Ok James did manage to save me one. Yum:) Kicking it with a random musician in Central Park was a must
LOVE the Plaza hotel every time. Wedding reception price: $100 grand. Yikes. Beautiful flower arraignments are one of my favorite things to admire and swanky hotels. FINALLY we were introduced to Brian and Angela's favorite Japanese hole in the wall restaurant that they eat at every time in NYC. They came here on their honeymoon for the first time. They were right, it was great! The next part was a big treat that I have been dying to do for YEARS! I swear I feel like I am the last person around to see Wicked. I have been coveting tickets for years. I was sooo excited. Even better than that..James was sooo excited for me to see it. He said "I usually just like to go to sporting events, but when I saw this I was blown away!!" James managed to swindle us 4th row tickets. It was an absolute dream. I was surprised by the story line, the cleverness, the humor, music, acting etc etc. LOVED IT!! Love them! It was Brian's first time to see it too! NYC at night! Guess what I loved even more than the Plaza hotel this trip??
The W HOTEL!!!!!
The lobby was insane. The walls behind James and the ceilings are running water, like constant waterfalls. Yea, I know. I was in awe of this room every time I got here. Amazing!! Church on sunday. "I hope they call me on a mission!" Ha ha. James looking like his missionary days. Before we left NYC, James was hinting away about going to this 'Doughnut Planet' place. "Uh Heid, I saw it on the food network. It looks pretty cool. They have a Peanut butter and Jelly filled doughnut! No big deal if we can't go though". ...and then he would repeat that same paragraph about every hour until we ended up there. Ha ha!! James going nuts on the anticipated PB&J doughnut. Ohhh yea!
Now only 4 hours in the car until we get to New Hampshire!

4 comments:

  1. Let's be deleting the worst shot at the Japanese restaurant...gees...

    Fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heids. I've never seen wicked. so sad for me. You are just looking like a dream in these photos. You are for sure a hottie. James is one lucky man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! That hotel is amazing!! Glad you guys had so much fun. Wicked is the best :)

    Kels

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm, doughnuts. I've not seen Wicked yet and it makes me sad :( One day.

    ReplyDelete