Thursday, June 9, 2011

A nightmare


All I can say is if I would have seen these two BEFORE and AFTER photos before I went on my mission is:



I would NOT have gone!

(semi kidding but mostly serious)

Let's analyze a bit. BEFORE: Feeling good after getting my hair done, had a nice tan, feelin in shape, happy and excited to be a missionary, perfectly planned out outfits from Banana and Ann Taylor of course because I didn't want to be one of "those missionaries in the jumpers".



AFTER: The worst haircut ever with roots going ape (not the cute melting technique that wasn't even popular then anyways), diarrhea green shirt (this was the day I was leaving so I decided to get out of my Jody dress jumper time that I ended up wearing everyday), I'm eating a burrito which should be put down asap, eyes are all red and glazed over, body worn out. Yesterday I showed this to some girls at work and they said "Ah! Yikes...you have a double chin!" Oh I rocked it alright.





Shout out to Breanne and Trace who are looking mighty fine as well! I hope you are laughing right now because when I hold up pics like these next to each other it's a scream/laugh combo every time.



The Lord hides some nightmares from us to keep us moving forward. My mom will argue that "Oh but you were sooo happy!" I dunno mom, I'm thinking I'm lookin a bit happier in the first photo :)

8 comments:

  1. Oh the beloved before and after- "Simply grab your last companion skirt and shirt and go tracting," I will never ever do a post on this subject simply because I can not stand the after shot....even the 12 month shot....oh boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look beautiful in both! Don't even try and pretend. I bet you did look hot in that jumper! You should rock it to church. he he Thanks for coming home for my wedding though ;) love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny! I have witnessed the scream/laugh combo while organizing your closet. It's great. I wish I could scream/laugh the way you do. I just burn the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post really cracks me up! I love it, and it's so true...sometimes it's better not to see what's in the future. But it's nice to connect the dots after :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I showed this to Spencer last night and we were for sure in the grave about it. We laughed until death. you were the hottest sister mish ever! now post about our slumbee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was crying through this whole post! It's a nightmare alright! New blog name if you need one! J/k we rocked the jody dresses! Banana and Ann Taylor out the micro...jody and big rainboots...the Elder Clark story just gota whole lot funnier seeing these pics, " And she was a SISTER missionary!" I can understand it all now! HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok lets be honest about one thing, if you came home looking hot like the before pic, I would wonder how hard you really worked. No one can deny you worked your guts out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh- I am dyyyyying!!! :) I seriously had to laugh out loud so hard. Sorry Heids- but you know it's only cause I have the same "before and after shots' as you! Too funny!!
    I grabbed a roll of cookies to eat one awhile ago here and said to Lee, "can you believe that I used to eat one of these entire rolls of cookies on my mission for like an afternoon snack?" and he said, "Ya- I can believe that, I saw your mission fotos." So mean!! :) But so true right!!
    you know we were hot in our VS florescent red dresses.
    But I have to say I'd do it all over again for the way I truly was "sooo happy" as Nance would put it.
    Love ya Sista!!

    ReplyDelete