Monday, June 6, 2011

Visiting James

View from his balcony. So amazing to see all those city lights and just feel the energy.
His apartment is just soooo dreamy!
All it needed was a woman's touch...
So Crate & Barrel and I did the honors!
James had his input in the shopping of course "Uh, just don't make it look gay Heids." Done. Blue accents it is.
I was trying to make Alana proud so I did the honors and went APE!!! ....Ok, just kidding this is his lobby. I loved all of the modern/hip traditional flare. The best were the bellmen in the lobby. They greet you by name every time you see them and act like they really care about what's going on with you.
We ran down to the beach everyday!
Who knew that this was right down the street in downtown Chicago? Ok, if you've been to Chicago in the summer time I guess you know....but I didn't! We were in dreamland running along the paths. I mistakenly jumped in the lake too far from the shore and did a LONG swim back to the beach. My arms are sore today. That's what you get for getting too hot and wanting to cool off during your run.
I loved this dinner night! Great food, great atmosphere, exceptional company.
One of James' favorite dinner spots.
White sox gear on? Check. Ready to go hit up some mad baseball.
Don't put it past us to eat dead nachos out of a baseball cap. We were dying laughing at this! Toppings going ape.
Here's for all you sports fans. This was the only moment of the trip that James was snapping more pictures than me. "Heid, this zoom is awesome!" as he zoomed in on every batter and play that was to his liking. Yea, I discovered that long ago, and it's his camera :)

GO SOX!!
Church there is quite amazing. The Chicago singles branch meets in a school. This was my 2nd time to visit and I just love the spirit that is felt there.
Maybe long distance isn't that bad after all :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh, you make long distance look dead hot!!! haha - laughing about the nacho's portion of the post... and the mad baseball! And you definitely made me proud at crate & barrel. CANNOT WAIT TO VISIT the city that is CHICAGO :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. freaking out! I LOVE you guys! Best pix ever :) Can't wait to visit. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am dead about you and James loving each other. I can't wait to slumber our guts out and have pillow talk all night long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutest, cutest pictures!!! I love catching up on you. I'm very impressed with your subtle but fantastic decorating. Those vases rock. I love, love the picture of you guys going out to dinner. Hottest couple ever!!!
    Hi James (if you're reading this), fly Heids and yourself to DC to see the sights. You can stay with us!!! We have a pool. Please?!?

    ReplyDelete