Monday, May 30, 2011

New Blog

Yep it is time for a new blog. One of the first names that came to mind for the new blog was "It's a dream". Allow me to explain...

As most of you have noticed "It's a dream!" has become a new addition to my vocabulary. I usually use it when things are really good in life or something goes your way or an experience you are having is simply turning out better than you imagined.

Let's face it though. Sometimes life is not a dream. We all have the daily grind mixed in with the good times and the hard times. Sometimes the pendulum swings as high as the sky or really low and you are down in the dumps. I love hearing all of these ups and downs from all of you...my family and friends...through phone calls, blogs, long dinner talks etc. Whatever you want to share, I love it. I love and care so much about you all.

However, some things are just too hard to share. Other things are way heebes things that happen to us in life but they are funny to share and especially refreshing for us all to hear or read about on blogs. It is so much fun for me to read all of your blogs and see your adventures and sweet children grow up. This way I feel like I get a taste of who they are even if you live miles away!

I get it how annoying it can be on blogs when you feel like all the person is doing is bragging about their 'perfect life'. We all know that is a lie (or we secretly hope it is!). I hope to share ups and downs on this blog but I also realize that I end up sharing a lot of ups and highlights. One reason is that I am a positive thinker and I like to focus on the good things and blessings in life. Another reason is that some things have just been too gut wrenching for me to share. After going through that phase of my life for a few months, I have pulled out of it and I wanted to have a fresh start on a new blog.

I love knowing that on the road of life that is filled with curves and hills is what shapes us and let's us say out loud "It's a dream!!" when we are at those peaks in life.

5 comments:

  1. I love the new blog.....and the title....Can't wait to see more about what is going on with you....hey, when you get a chance, add your links, now I won't be able to see what everyone (your friends) are up too! Still in dreamy CR and loving it. We ditched our last three nights near MA to head back to the center in the ghetto- we will leave for there tomorrow. Let's ichat soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi mi rota
    Es un sueño, que lindo lugar dondes estuvistes!!!! , maravilloso, oye picante y que andabai haciendo por allá? , bueno que importa, lo importante es que me imagino la pasaste muy bien , oye y comiste alguna cosa rara por alla , algun bicho , tu sabes se dice que por alla se comen sapos y culebras (ese es un dicho chileno)
    te vi muy bien acompañada por un chico , es un lugareño?...
    cuentame , cuentame.
    Sugerencia: es posible que tu blog tambien sea en español, asi puedo visitarlo mas seguido y no tener que traducirlo :)

    Te quiero :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new blog. Love your positive outlook. Being positive doesn't make you fake; and you're right that some things are too gut wrenching to post. And that's ok.

    Tod and I now want to save up for Thailand. Oh and we agree that James Cook is a keeper. You can just tell. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh boy, it is a dream :) I love you! Hope you are loving your gutz out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heidi! I love this! I have seriously been checking your old blog for updates and when I saw your new blog I was so excited. I love the title and I love what you say about blogging. We all know that life is not as perfect as the blogs but I think its great to be able to share happy moments in life. You are a positive person and thats what people love about you. I am so glad you are starting a fresh. I have done that so many times in life when I have been through rough times. Love your Thailand pictures. What a dream trip and it looks like you had a great companion with you! Can't wait to hear more. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete